Can Manuka Honey Really Treat All Your Skin Problems?
You naturally think of the word honey as a natural remedy or a sweetener for your tea. However, the word manuka honey has an entirely different meaning nowadays. What started out as a raw form of honey with incredible health benefits when ingested has become a star ingredient in the beauty industry!
Manuka Benefits for the Skin
When you consider all the different types of skin care and dizzying lists of ingredients on the back of them, you have to wonder what they actually do? Not everyone has the time or idea to research skin care ingredients or find out what every filler and complicated word on that list is for. The beauty industry has transformed from the old days of wives-tale type concoctions (like Vaseline for a hair treatment or hunks of raw meat to soothe inflammation), but it’s important that you know what you’re putting on your skin.
With manuka honey, there’s no better natural ingredient you can find that is as versatile and potent. Manuka honey has even become a treatment used in burn units to help repair severely damaged skin! Manuka honey has incredible benefits when ingested and used in skin care, which is astounding to think when you consider how it can work both ways.
These are the top benefits of using manuka honey in skin care:
- Anti-inflammatory – manuka honey has intense anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe and reduce redness and irritation caused by rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and more.
- Anti-aging – yes, manuka honey can stimulate collagen production and cellular regeneration by its natural levels of amino acids and antioxidants to repair aging skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles!
- Healing – manuka honey can repair scarred tissue, burns, wounds, and other skin problems.
- Antibacterial – this is the true gem of manuka honey - it has the highest content of antibacterial and antimicrobial properties out of any honey to kill bacteria, germs, and help treat acne!
- Moisturizing – manuka honey is a natural humectant, meaning it retains and preserves moisture in the skin. For dry skin types and skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, manuka honey is known to help penetrate and moisturize the driest, most cracked skin!
Manuka honey most importantly is natural! This may seem an obvious point, but other ingredients are constantly promoted as moisturizing and helpful for troubled skin when they are actually synthetic byproducts, such as petroleum and mineral oil. Both of these have been the main ingredients to treat eczema and tends to worsen the skin condition, rather than help it.
For real ingredients and fantastic skin results, the natural skin care route is your path to healthy, nourished skin!
Wild Naturals Manuka Honey Cream
At Wild Naturals, every product is meant to deliver the best nutrients and ingredients for your skin and hair. With manuka honey as a primary star ingredient, there are several others that work with manuka honey to deliver powerful results...
- Aloe Vera – this replaces water as the first ingredient on the list and helps to hydrate, even skin tone, and is filled with vital minerals.
- Coconut Oil – another intense hydration element and known for soothing irritated skin.
- Shea Butter – one that has lasted the test of time and offers hydration, repairing, and anti-aging elements.
- Cehami Flower Extract – native to Australia; this ingredient also packs a punch to inflammation and is a stronger analgesic than pain relievers – perfect for itchy skin!
With plant-based ingredients from Wild Naturals, you won’t regret choosing skin care products that give you healthy, radiant, and hydrated skin. Shop the Wild Naturals online store today to discover why manuka honey can truly benefit your skin for the long run!