Why is Manuka Honey Used in Skin Care?
It may come as a surprise to you but honey has had a long-running timeframe in skin care! For hundreds of years, manuka honey has been used as beauty masks and healing balms, coatings for scars and wounds, not to mention a vast majority more in current days for medicinal use. With such a well-rounded natural ingredient, do you know just how amazing manuka honey is for your skin, in particular, out of all the various kinds of honey’s out there?
We know why manuka honey is used in skin care these days, any why everyone should be utilizing it for amazing, radiant, and healthy skin! Read on to learn how it’s such a wonder ingredient for the beauty industry!
5 Uses for Manuka Honey in Skin Care
Manuka honey uses are endless, which may sound surprising, but it’s true. Whether you ingest it or apply it to your skin, it’s one of the best things you could use for your body, inside and out. Not only is the research and results of manuka honey incredible to review, but the fact it’s a natural ingredient that can do so much is out of this world!
Natural skin care has made its way back to the front line after being forgotten by most of the world. After decades of adding harsh chemicals and preservatives into skincare lines, brands are slowly and steadily changing their methods and seeing the consumer desire for cleaner skin care. Even Sephora now has makeup and skin care brands with a clean sticker to show that it has natural ingredients and none of the harsh chemicals.
Look at it this way, when you think of the additives and harmful oils in the products being absorbed into our bodies, you have to realize the effects it could be having. Wild Naturals was noticing the same list of ingredients in skincare: mineral oil, petroleum, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, fragrance, PEGS. Instead, Wild Naturals created a line of natural skin care, body, and hair care products.
Manuka honey benefits are truly bountiful, but here are 5 distinctive benefits that have been used in its long history that you should know:
1. – It Heals Acne. People suffering from acne can say bye bye to those pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, even scarring that occurs by using manuka honey skin care products. The highly rich antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of the honey are the highlights of newfound results when using it in skincare and have been used in its raw form for centuries to heal! Acne has been severely reduced when manuka honey is brought into the picture.
2. – It Works Wonders on Eczema. Eczema is a harsh, painful skin rash that creates dry, cracked skin. Manuka honey has been found to relieve the itch and soothe the dry skin with the hydrating elements of manuka honey, which bathes the skin in moisture thanks to its natural humectant properties. This helps ease and calm the problematic skin areas where eczema is on the body.
3. – It Also Helps Psoriasis. Psoriasis is another skin condition where patches of skin can become blistered, dry, and irritated. Though the origination of psoriasis is still unclear, it is believed to be genetic and triggered by stress, heat, and possible dietary issues. Manuka honey is excellent for easing the flare-ups of psoriasis and reduce the inflammation while hydrating the dry areas.
4. –The High Antioxidant Levels in manuka honey are the ideal choice for skincare products, as antioxidants aid in boosting the skin’s cellular function and protect against environmental free radicals. The non-peroxide antibacterial properties of manuka honey are great for keeping the skin clear of any bacteria lingering on the surface. (Plus, manuka honey is already pH balanced – an added bonus!)
5. – Saving the best benefit for last, manuka honey is known for its cell regeneration abilities and anti-aging benefits! The honey is bursting with natural minerals and vitamins, which boost amino acid function in the skin and encourage collagen production. As we all are aware, collagen is the anti-aging goldmine and keeping the formulation of it high means younger looking skin for everyone.
Where You Can Find Manuka Honey Skin Care
There are few things in the beauty industry that are a bigger jackpot than manuka honey. With Wild Naturals manuka honey skin care products, you’ll see the difference, but also feel the difference without all of the harmful ingredients that are typically packed into skin care.
At Wild Naturals, you will revel in the beneficial, Earth-made ingredients such as shea butter, blue-green algae, coconut oil, and hemp seed oil, on top of manuka honey! These all have profound qualities that will have your skin healthy, moisturized, and glowing! Manuka honey is the main star ingredient in Wild Naturals products because of its versatility. Shop the online store today!