If you want to have noticeably clear and even-toned skin, you should establish a good skin care regimen with organic skin care ingredients—or minimally natural ingredients. A good beauty care routine begins with understanding and purchasing quality skin care products that are good for you. Whether you check the ingredients label or try some DIY skin care, it matters why to choose natural ingredients. Why? We give you the rundown…
Why Natural Ingredients over Standard Beauty Products
Firstly, the products should be natural, yet effective, and contain no harsh sulfates or harmful chemical by-products. These chemicals may dry out the skin as well as increase the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines which can make you look older than your actual age.
While some people are okay with buying non-organic skincare products, those who choose natural skin care brands find and enjoy more benefits of using drugstore bought products. People use natural skin care products to stop using products that are formulated with harmful and unsafe ingredients such as parabens, petrol-based chemicals, and other skin-irritating scents. And the difference alone with convert you!
Now let’s go over natural ingredients for each main category of our skin care products and what they can do for your skin...
Cleansing is the initial step in any skincare regimen. It is imperative to find a mild cleanser to lift and eliminate pore-clogging debris and dirt from the skin. Those who regularly wear makeup should make sure to pick a cleanser that is good enough to take away make-up as well as dirt.
Natural cleansers commonly use a blend of nut or fruit oils along with some other botanical ingredients. The following are some natural ingredients used in formulating cleansers and the benefits they can provide:
- Apple juice (soften skin)
- Coconut, sunflower, jojoba, and sesame oil (moisturize the skin)
- Green tea(antioxidant properties)
- Aloe vera (balance skin's pH)
- Gotu kola extract (relieve inflammation)
- Geranium and patchouli essentials (rehydrate wrinkled skin)
- Horsetail extracts(heal wounds)
- Yucca schidigera (replace lost nutrients)
- Sweet orange oil and chamomile (aromatherapeutic benefits)
After washing, you have to apply a gentle facial moisturizer to your skin. Most facial cleansers are formulated with a facial moisturizer. This helps hydrate the skin and increase firmness and elasticity. Natural moisturizers aid the skin to attract and preserve moisture.
Common ingredients in natural moisturizing products include nut and fruit oils, essential oils, and other nourishing plants which include the following:
- Cupuacu butter, shea butter, and cucumber extract (moisturize the skin)
- Acai oil (antioxidant properties)
- Calendula oil (relieves inflammation)
- Rice bran, sweet almond oil, watercress extract, and aloe vera juice (supply vitamins and minerals)
Exfoliants eradicate the top and dead skin cells that can block pores and result in the development of acne. Skin care products with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) help loosen damaged skin cells, maximize cell regeneration, and increase the deposit of glycosaminoglycans on the skin. This clears pores, refines the appearance and texture of the skin, and removes blockage to allow penetration of topical agents such as retinoid, bleaching creams, and antioxidants.
Be certain to only use the exfoliants twice a week to avoid damaging the skin. You also need to make sure that the brand you buy is not too abrasive. Too abrasive scrubs can produce fine tears on your facial skin. Here are some exfoliants and their benefits:
- Sesame seed oil, olive oil, shea butter, and cucumber extract (remove signs of aging)
- Raw cane sugar (cleanses and exfoliates the skin)
- Jojoba oil and watercress extract (nourishes the skin)
- Sweet orange oil (aromatherapeutic benefits)
- Alluvial garnet (removes dead skin cells)
- Lemon and bergamot essential oils (adds natural fragrance)
- Jojoba beads (remove skin cells)
- Sclerotium rolfsii gum (natural polysaccharide thickener)
If you wish to protect your skin and body from the damaging ingredients used in most commercial brands, then you should consider using natural skin care products. Everyone is concerned about their well-being and health which means that we should be proactive and careful in selecting which skincare products to use.