You might be surprised to learn that there are healing properties of Manuka Honey for eczema. I know it might seem far fetched, right? How can a honey help with such a severe skin condition? Many people typically ask how? The answer is shockingly simple: because it’s the key ingredient in our go-to eczema cream! The benefits of manuka honey for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis are vast, and the treasure trove of this liquid gold is still being discovered.
What we know so far, is definitely something you should be aware of, especially if you have eczema, psoriasis, shingles, rosacea, and even acne-prone skin! Let’s take a look at just what manuka honey for eczema can do though…
Soothing Your Skin with Manuka Honey
Manuka honey skin care has helped many with their chronic dry, scaly eczema, which is one of the main reasons why Wild Naturals developed it. From minor, red inflamed eczema or more severe cases, manuka honey for eczema has become the #1 treatment! This natural cream provides intense relief from dry, sensitive skin, and that’s not just referring to eczema. Manuka honey is the main ingredient because of its ability to heal the skin thanks to its different components.
How does honey heal the skin? It’s a really good question!
The healing properties of honey are due to the fact that it offers antibacterial activity from methylglyoxal. Another key point is that manuka honey maintains a moist wound condition and has a high viscosity to provide a protective barrier from preventing infection. Its immunomodulatory property is relevant to wound repair as well. Why manuka honey is better than regular honey is because it contains much higher levels of these natural benefits!
Honey has been an ancient remedy for the treatment of infected wounds, burns, and more. The first written reference to honey, a Sumerian tablet writing, dating back to 2100-2000 BC, mentions honey’s use as a drug and an ointment. Aristotle (384-322 BC), when discussing different kinds of honey, referred to pale honey as being “good as a salve for sore eyes and wounds”.
It’s a pretty impressive natural ingredient if Aristotle even mentioned it in his work!
Using Manuka Honey for Eczema
It may seem strange to apply raw honey to your skin, but the benefits are incredible, to say the least. Below are five reasons to consider putting manuka honey on eczema:
- The bacteria-fighting properties are crucial to combat staph and other topical infections eczema patients are prone to getting.
- Honey maintains moisture as a natural humectant, meaning it pulls moisture from the air into the skin. This is ideal for skin conditions like eczema where you definitely need to combat dryness, flaking and scaling.
- The skin barrier is known to be much weaker in those with eczema, therefore the protective layer that manuka honey creates thanks to its antibacterial properties is well worth investing in.
- Wound healing? Yes, please! This is an absolute must for anyone with eczema – broken skin from scratching, dry, cracked skin, and red, open, oozing sores can all use a bit of healing.
- Manuka honey has even become a staple in burn units! Its hydrating and microbial elements are dire necessities when it comes to damaged skin.
Wild Naturals Manuka Honey Eczema Cream
Although honey is one of the oldest known tools for treating infections, it’s still not a mainstream method for treatment in conventional medicine. It has had many studies report the benefits of honey and specifically benefits of Manuka Honey when applied topically to wounds and skin conditions. These results showed that it reduced wound size, decreased pH of wounds and displayed powerful anti-inflammatory effects in wound healing!
Though its slowly waded into the medical and beauty industries, it has already been regularly stocked on the shelves of health food stores. Now, you can purchase natural manuka honey skin care right here at Wild Naturals! For the amazing benefits of manuka honey, plus a handful of other stellar natural ingredients, shop the online store today and not only feel relief, but see the wonders that will occur when you use manuka honey on eczema!