Do You Know What is Inside Your Skin Care? 5 Things To Look For
There are a plethora of brands and products on the market these days. For skin care, looking at the ingredients list is like trying to read a foreign language you don’t know. With the demand higher than ever for products, the industry dilutes and adds fillers to meet that demand, but still pocket a nice percentage without having to add so much of the good stuff. Do you know what to look for and what to avoid in skin care products?
Why it Matters
There’s such an emphasis on clean products and green skin care, that some people are turning a blind eye and ignoring it. Should you? The answer is no. It absolutely matters what is going on and in your skin (any skin care product is absorbed into the skin, pores, and bloodstream). Not every brand is reliable or honest and that is what has become the norm in this industry.
There are still plenty of ingredients used in the USA that are banned in every other country in the world. Does that sound right? Here are five of those banned ingredients that can still be found in America:
- Hydroquinone – this is used in skin-lightening products to reduce freckles, age spots, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation.
- Lead – this is the most commonly found ingredient in lipsticks and is a neurotoxin.
- Parabens – added to lotions, foundation, hair products, you name it.
- Phthalates – can create hormonal health issues, including infertility and is found in perfume, deodorant and nail polish.
- Petroleum Distillates – otherwise known as paraffin wax, it’s considered a carcinogen and links to multiple cancers. This can be added to cosmetics and skin care alike.
It’s important that you read the labels of any products you buy for these reasons. The FDA has deemed that each of these components is “safe”, even with the evidence that they are not. It’s up to our individual selves to be aware of what we are putting into our bodies. Enter: manuka honey.
If you want healthy, beautiful skin, look to manuka honey for answers. This natural skin care ingredient (and yes, for food consumption as well) to heal, nourish, moisturize, reduce inflammation, and treat acne, eczema, and psoriasis! There couldn’t be a better alternative to choose than manuka honey, for all of its natural properties do incredible things for your skin. It’s packed with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, not to mention is antibacterial and antimicrobial.
Clean skin care is on the horizon and joining ahead of the trend will be one step further in giving your skin the proper attention and nurturing it needs!
Wild Naturals Green Clean
At Wild Naturals, there are two full lines of natural skin and hair care that eliminate the problems of worrying about what is in your products. Each ingredient is listed out, with a separate full ingredients page that describes what each one is and does. What other brand has that? With natural skin care in mind, Wild Naturals has released a brand new product: the Manuka Honey Face & Eye Serum.
Serums are an important step in any skin care regimen. Perfect for reducing fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness and dark spots, this serum is a powerful two in one treatment! It’s key ingredients are:
- Aloe Vera – replaces water as the first ingredient.
- Manuka Honey – the best for healing skin.
- Vitamin C – skin brightening and anti-aging.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – a main ingredient for anti-aging as it assists in collagen and elastin.
- Cehami Flower Extract – anti-inflammatory and a natural pain and itch relief.
You shouldn’t have to worry about chemicals or dangerous ingredients in your skin care. Wild Naturals products contain no parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, fillers, or phthalates. Trust in Wild Naturals and your skin will thank you! Shop the online store today.