Can Manuka Honey Really Help with Acne?
Acne is a difficult and frustrating skin problem to deal with, whether it’s cystic acne or sporadic pimples that you only get every once in a while. There are many factors that create acne, from hormones, stress, oil production, free radicals, sensitivity, clogged pores…the list goes on. And we’re sure you’ve tried things like salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and major brands known for being for acne skin types.
If you’re interested in discovering a potent and more natural treatment for acne, look no further than manuka honey.
How Manuka Honey Works on Acne
Acne is stubborn and treating it can be a long path of trial and error. Some acne-prone skin types are sensitive to salicylic acid, which is one of the main ingredients used in acne products, skin care, and spot treatments. Some acne just won’t go away no matter how many different products you use, even going so far as professional facials or dermatologist appointments where harsh chemical peels, laser treatments, and LED light therapy have been recommended. These are all pricey options for a skin problem that has a very easy and natural solution.
Manuka honey has been found to treat and eliminate acne of all types and severity levels. How is that possible when it’s a food product? Manuka honey is highlighted in skin care as a top trending ingredient for more than just acne skin types. This honey is the only honey with the highest count of hydrogen peroxide and methylglyoxal, both of which are antibacterial properties.
With its unique form and antibacterial elements, manuka honey has deep penetrating abilities that work with the pores to clear out the causes of acne. It’s also anti-inflammatory and that makes a big difference for people suffering from acne, as their skin tends to be highly inflamed from all the breakouts.
Manuka honey possesses an antimicrobial element as well, which fights off and kills a multitude of bacteria and organisms that can create acne. The high sugar and granulation of manuka honey make it a powerful natural exfoliant too, stopping bacteria growth. Not only that, but it contains hygroscopic properties; meaning that it draws out the moisture from acne-causing bacteria that need water to survive.
For those with severe acne scarring, especially from cystic acne, manuka honey is an extraordinary healing product. How can a honey heal your skin? Here’s how:
- It has a low pH, which healing wounds favor as acidic levels can deter it from healing properly.
- It’s a humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the air and hydrates the skin. Skin needs to be hydrated to heal.
- It contains amino acids, the building blocks of protein and collagen, allowing collagen production to increase. Collagen is needed to battle fine lines, wrinkles, and reverse aging skin in its tracks.
- It has DHA, an omega fatty acid that works wonders on the skin.
Manuka honey can heal scars, combat aging elements, and treat acne. There are not many skin care products that can juggle multiple skin problems and be natural.
Wild Naturals Manuka Honey Skin Care
While manuka honey is slowly making its way onto the shelves of the beauty industry, not many brands carry products highlighting this magical nectar. Wild Naturals has a full line of manuka honey skin care that is both affordable and filled with other amazing natural ingredients, such as:
- Aloe Vera, replacing water with the first ingredient on its list.
- Shea Butter, a classic hydrator and skin protectant.
- Carrot Seed Oil, filled with minerals and fatty acids for healthy, firm skin.
- Coconut Oil, penetrating moisturizer for damaged skin.
- Hemp Seed Oil, nourishing and great for treating various skin problems.
- Cehami Flower Extract, native to Australia, it’s intensely anti-inflammatory and a natural pain and itch reliever.
You won’t find a natural skin care product line like Wild Naturals with a price and results that are hard to come by! Shop the online store today and say bye bye to acne and hello to beautiful, clear skin!