Allure Magazine Offers Sensitive Skin Body Products: Wild Naturals Trumps Them
Consumers drink up magazine articles about skin care even more than they actually drink water! Allure magazine has been around for decades and always feature articles about the latest and greatest in skin care. However, for a recent article about sensitive skin products, most of them contained artificial ingredients and chemically filled creams, lotions, and moisturizers. Why? They are household names that people trust and earn the most profit for mass-produced items!
Allure Recommended Products & Their Bad Ingredients
Your skin is vital to your health and overall wellbeing and no matter how popular a skincare product is, doesn’t mean that it’s the right choice for taking on the responsibility of caring for your skin. These are just a few of the well-known brands that editorials like Allure are being published on as good for sensitive skin, though actually have poor ingredients in them that can cause further irritation:
- Aquaphor; its main ingredient is prominent right on the back of a bottle – petrolatum.
- Eucerin; it promotes colloidal oatmeal, though still on its ingredient list is mineral oil.
- Cetaphil; contains sulfates and parabens.
- CeraVe; has petrolatum, while only promoting its active ingredient as pramoxine hydrochloride as an analgesic (pain and itch relief).
- Aveeno; has petrolatum.
So, this asks the bigger question you might be thinking: why does it matter if they have mineral oil or petrolatum in it? Not many people are aware of the damaging effects of these oils. First off, they are crude oils, not natural oils like coconut oil, jojoba oil, or castor seed oil. More importantly, they are occlusive to the skin, meaning they seal the skin off from anything outside of it – water, air, etc.
If your skin is dry to begin with, this equates to your dry skin being sealed off as dry skin and unable to absorb any new and much needed hydration, which can lead to irritation and inflamed skin. Be careful of the brands you buy and what the full list of ingredients are, not just the active ingredient. All ingredients matter and are absorbed into the skin, end of story.
Sensitive Skin Ingredients to Use
One ingredient every skin type should use, especially sensitive skin types, might shock you: manuka honey! Yes, a honey for your skin that will astound you at its incredible and many benefits! For instance, it has the highest in antioxidants of any honey and has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. It’s heavily moisturizing and a very potent antibacterial. Plus, it has a unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
Here are several of the amazing benefits of using manuka honey in skin care:
- Acne – the high antibacterial properties of manuka honey have become well known for healing and helping to get rid of acne. The anti-inflammatory and healing qualities as well make for banishing the pimples, redness, and acne scars!
- Anti-Aging – the amino acids in the honey aid in the production of collagen, which is built out of amino acids. The healing properties derived from the potent antioxidants and the natural regenerating ability of the honey helps fight and fill fine lines and wrinkles, including preventing new ones from forming. Yes, please!
- Moisturizing – you may have read or seen by now how people are creating their own manuka honey masks at home. This is not only to target acne or anti-aging benefits, but for smooth, healthy, and hydrated skin.
- Eczema & Psoriasis – manuka honey is an added ingredient to heal and nourish dry, cracked skin from these conditions. Along with other incredible, natural ingredients, this honey can bring your skin relief during flare-ups.
At Wild Naturals, we are adamant against anything synthetic, chemicalized, and fragranced. We know the downfall of those components in skin care and thus, created our line of various products for the face, body, and hair! Each product is proudly created without the addition of fragrances, dyes, petroleum, mineral oil, or parabens.
Another unique fact about Wild Naturals is this: most skin care brands use water as their first ingredient, we use organic aloe vera for its list of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. Then there’s shea butter, the all-time favorite for moisturizing and protecting the skin, and blue-green algae, which has almost every organic mineral in it. Coconut oil, hemp seed oil, and cehami flower extract all combine in our skin care products for the ultimate in rejuvenated and nourished skin!
We also have each product pH balanced to the same level as your skin, so no irritation or drying will occur. We thought through every detail to give you the greatest results that your skin will thank you for. Visit the Wild Naturals online store today!